You might notice that:
- I can give you the right number of objects from a collection when you say “please give me one”, “please give me two”.
- I can say some number names in order.
- I can draw lines that go across, up and down,and round and round, as well as pictures that show numbers and amounts.
- I can show you which group of toys or plate of food has “more”.
- I can use words like “more” and “a lot” to describe amounts of objects.
- I know that if I add a toy to a collection or some food to my plate I have more, and if I take something away I don’t have as much.
How you can help me learn:
- Make skittles from plastic bottles with me. Play games where we have to keep a score of how many skittles we’ve knocked down.
- Sing counting rhymes with me like “Five Little Men in a Flying Saucer” or “1,2,3,4,5 Once I Caught a Fish Alive”.