You might notice that:
- I am beginning to like some things more than others. Sometimes I might like painting and drawing more than dancing or singing.
- I move around in different ways when I’m happy or excited, and sometimes I dance and jump up and down when I hear music.
- I sing to myself and change the words of songs I know. I know how to make up my own songs and rhythms as well.
- I notice the things that you do, like cooking and cleaning, and I pretend I’m doing them too.
- When something special has happened to me, I pretend play it happening – like feeding the new baby or having my first swimming lesson.
- When I’m playing with my toys I make up stories like superheroes rescuing people from a building, or animals eating grass.
- I pretend ordinary things are something else, like a spoon is a fire hose and my bricks are fish fingers and chips!
- When we have done something exciting I like to draw or paint a picture or make up a dance or song/rhyme about it.
How you can help me learn:
- Help me to use my toys to make up a story.
- Give me pieces of material to make a cape, or a big cardboard box to make a spaceship when I’m pretending to be somebody else or going on an adventure.