Feeding and nutrition

Filter by age


Feeding and nutrition

Where I can find breastfeeding support?

If you’re having problems feeding your baby, the first port of call should be your midwife, health visitor or GP. You can find their contact details in your red book.

Breastfeeding groups

Breastfeeding groups are a great way to meet other mums and get support with breastfeeding. Use the links below to find a local group.


Northern Ireland:



Your local children’s centre

Children’s centres provide a warm and welcoming environment to mums, dads, babies and carers, with friendly, experienced and qualified staff on hand to give you the advice and support you need.

You’ll find breastfeeding support at your local centre, as well as a timetable of activities for you and your baby.

Children’s centres are available in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. Your Family Information Service can direct you to your local children’s centre (see below).

Your Family Information Service

The Family Information Service (FIS) provides free, impartial information and advice on a wide range of services for children and young people, parents and families. Your local authority provides the FIS in your area.

Breastfeeding helplines

National Breastfeeding Helpline

Operated by the Association of Breastfeeding Mothers and the Breastfeeding Network

  • Helpline: 0300 100 0212

Breastfeeding help for twins or more

 Tamba: the Twins and Multiple Births Association

  • Twinline: 0800 138 0509
  • Tamba Peer Support:

Want more advice or support?

You can talk via online chat to our family support workers and get advice specific to your situation and your family.

Visit www.actionforchildren.org.uk/talk


Do you want to live chat with our parenting staff to get one to one support?

Yes please