Make your own playdough
You will need:
- 2 cups plain flour (all purpose)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ cup salt, up to 1.5 cups boiling water (adding bit by bit until it feels just right), food colouring (optional – this really can get messy!).
You might also want to use some household items like child-friendly cookie cutters and rolling pins to make shapes with the playdough.
What to do:
- Mix the flour, salt and oil in a large bowl. If you’re using food colouring, add it to the boiling water then pour into the flour mixture.
- Stir until it forms a sticky dough.
- Allow it to cool down then take out of the bowl and knead it for a couple of minutes until all of the stickiness has gone.
- Keep kneading until it’s the perfect consistency! If it’s still sticky add a little more flour until just right.
If the children want to keep the figures that you make, simply bake in a 250 degree oven for approximately one hour and hey presto, your playdough will harden!